Monday, August 31, 2009

Lesson #3 - The Verdict

So I got the job. The job at the call center. I start next week.

I was sick all day waiting for the phone call telling me the verdict. I think I was secretly hoping I didn’t get the job. But I also knew if I didn’t get it, I would probably feel even worse. Lose-lose I guess.

When the phone rang I couldn’t bring myself to answer it so I let it go to voicemail. I was hoping it was someone else telling me they wanted to bring me in for an interview. But it wasn’t. It was just someone telling me they wanted to hire me. I should be excited, right?

When the recruiter told me I got the job, I had to keep reminding myself to sound positive and be thankful. I think I did a decent job. Maybe I should go into acting instead.

Well I have a week before I have to punch in my timecard. Maybe the job of my dreams will call before then. You never know, a lot could happen in a week…

1 comment:

  1. At least they are incoming calls and you are not cold-calling. They are choosing you, Shanzy. You can utilize your creativity by speaking in a different foreign accent each time someone calls - I used to do that, it was really amusing.

    All the challenges will just make you appreciate the blessing around the corner so much more, I know it.

    ReplyDelete