Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lesson #16 – Achievement

So …. (drum roll please) …. I got a job!

A legitimate job, a good job. I actually achieved one of my goals and accomplished #2 on my list of New Year’s resolutions! I guess now all I have to do is focus on winning that Oscar…

The day I accepted the job was the day I deleted all the emails I had received from various job boards. I realized that it had been almost exactly a year to the date that I started keeping my eye out for a new position. I will unashamedly blame the economy for that one. Well and looking in two different cities didn’t help.

I am definitely excited and ready to get my life rolling here in Austin. I still think it’s crazy that I live here. But I do live here. For now at least.

1 comment:

  1. YAY SHANNANAGINS! I'm so glad you got yourself a good job in your field. :) Congrats congrats, and keep us posted with how it's going there!
    Love, K

    ReplyDelete