Friday, January 1, 2010

Lesson #9 - New Year's Resolution

2010.

The start of a new year. The start of a new decade.

I am ready for a new year, I am ready for a new decade. And I am really hoping that the year does not feel like I have so far these past few hours of this day.

I do not recall sleeping last night. The sofa bed at the hotel where the night before they offered free booze just didn’t quite cut it. Neither did the all night yelling. Not that I am complaining, just still a little grumpy. So yes, let’s try and forget these first few hours of this year. Well, as soon as I catch up on my sleep…

Truly I am hoping that in 364 days from now I will be able to look upon 2010 and think how much I have accomplished this year. I will remember where I was today and all the flubs of 2009 and think, “wow a lot has changed and I couldn’t be more happy/relieved.”

My boyfriend has decided that his New Year’s resolution is going to be designing something everyday. That is a big feat, but I am sure he can do it and do it well. (It is his job anyway.) As for me, I can’t decide. I have thought about losing 20 pounds, writing a screenplay, paying off my debt, getting a new job, you know the usual. In reality I hope all of those happen. I like the discipline factor though that comes with doing something everyday. So I am still thinking exactly what that will be. My New Year’s resolution might just start a few days later. I will keep you posted.

As for now, over and out and I hope you have a very blessed new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment